There’s always a romance going on at a Dude Ranch, maybe the next reality show??! Anyway, here’s a surefire dish that will get your partner thinking about the “M” word with down home taste.
Serving for 2
•1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
•2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (enough for you and your cowboy)
•Freshly ground black pepper
•1 clove garlic, minced
•½ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
•¼ tsp of oregano
•1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
•1/2 c. chicken broth
•1/4 c. heavy cream
•1/4 c. sour cream
•1/4 c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
•3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
•1 Cup of Mushrooms, sliced
•1/2 c. White Onion, slice into half rings
•Fresh parsley for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a large oven-safe skillet (12”) over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onIons and saute until light golden, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms softened, approx. 8 minutes.
3. Transfer the onions & mushrooms to a side dish.
4. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper, and in the same pan, add a little olive oil and and sear until golden, 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
5. Return skillet to medium heat and add garlic, thyme, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then stir in broth, heavy cream, sour cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan. Bring to a simmer, then return chicken, mushrooms and onion back to skillet with the chicken.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through (and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife), approx.15 minutes.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve.